Thursday, June 5, 2008

You wanna Mocha?

I have a problem. I admit it. I love *Starbucks. Well, I am addicted to *Starbucks. It's part of my daily routine....work out, swing by *Starbucks...leave for work, stop by and purchase a mocha to sip on my one mile commute...feeling down, *Starbucks...have a mild case of work-induced malaise, *Starbucks...etc.

It's not just the taste, it's the routine...and it's now reflected in my kids. I'm not sure if I should be proud, or in the case of Runner Boy, disturbed.

Kate got into *Starbucks the day the barista gave her a specially made chocolate milk...(they get 'em young.) She now drives around the house on Sam's fire truck and orders "tall peppermint mochas" from her imaginary drive through.

She bought one for me today and delivered it in front Runner Boy...then she brought me a "tall raspberry mocha"...Runner Boy responded with, "is there such a thing as a raspberry mocha?" To which I responded with mild shock, "Yeah, that's my summertime mocha...the peppermint is for the 11 months of winter we have here." (I think he's concerned that Kate knows about all these flavors...)

"Ughh...they are inculcating her with coffee world view..." Runner Boy bemoans.

Sam then runs up to him, brings him a pretend drink and yells, "MOCHA!"

"Did he just say Mocha?" Good Boy...

1 comment:

park it said...

In our house it is Diet Coke -as in "when I become a grown up I can have diet coke" when I get bigger I can have a diet coke - hey mom don't forget diet coke (at the grocery store) etc etc etc
Sad but true - should I rename the blog - Down South n Diet Coke - hey that is good!
Hugs fm us - come for a visit - stay for a lifetime!
carol & kimberly