Sunday, June 15, 2008

learn somethin' new every day...

everyonce and a while you learn something about someone you didn't know. like today.

Runner Boy was priming an area in the house that we are about to paint and listening to the "oldies". ...then the Carpenters came on.

"Ughh!" i said..."reminds me of the Carpenters' concert i went to when i was like 5 years old."

"you went to a Carpenters concert?" asked Runner Boy with a look of shock.

"yeah." i admitted.

then he said, "i went to a barry manilow concert once...for a chick...it wasn't my idea."


(at least i wouldn't do THAT to him...good thing she's out of the picture...)

i'm still almost speechless over this act of infatuation.

wow...i had no idea how good he had it with me until i heard what he had to do for her. all Runner Boy had to do for me is become a cat lover, adopt a child from china, move to the frozen tundra, put me through college, put up with my starbucks addiction and shell out some money for clothes once in awhile.

you are a lucky man, Runner Boy. ...next on her list of concerts would have been Hanson and the Backstreet Boys...

No comments: