Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tidbits...

**Recent conversation with Kate. She has now become a big fan of Nick's new t.v. program Ni*Hao Kai*Lan. She loves it. She and I were laying in bed chatting and she told me she loves it. I asked her why she liked Kai*lan's show and she said, "It makes me strong." I then asked her why it made her strong and she replied, "It gives me ENERGY!" (As if she needs more of that!!)

**Kate's latest proclaimation. "I'm not Kate, I'm Kai*lan!"

**Recent weather report from our local meteorologist, "We have good news and bad news. The good news is that the wind chill advisory has been allowed to expire. The bad news is that we now have a snow advisory."

Well, that snow advisory brought us about 6 inches of light, fluffy snow. Giving us a total of 73.5 inches of the white stuff so far this winter. We are running out of places to put it. Next thing you know we'll be dumping it in the landfills. (This could result in a tax increase...just wait and see.

**Latest weather forecast. "Snow advisory allowed to expire. New snow advisory issued for Thursday." (Happy Valentine's Day!)

**Due to the amount of snow we've received this winter, local municipalities are running low on road salt. Makes me wonder where our tax dollars are going...we do live in the Frozen Tundra after all. I am sure that our local village is running low on salt because I experienced it 1st hand tonight. While travelling home, I was driving up a hill near my favorite Starbuck*s when I lost traction and just stopped...on the hill...no traction...traffic mounting up behind me...neck muscles tensing into knots of panic. After several minutes of rapid acceleration while going nowhere (except sideways), I gradually allowed my wimpy little volkswagon slide downhill until I could flip a U-turn between cars. No, I do not think I need to pay more taxes to purchase salt for the roads since we pay several billion dollars a year for our little doll house with postage stamp yard. Perhaps we could reallocate some of the funds...

or

...Maybe we could take this to a federal level and bring it up during the presidential debates. I can hear it now, "Ms. Clinton, how do you intend to solve the salt crisis and traffic debacles of the Frozen Tundra? Do you think your plan for nationalized road salt distribution will bring economic relief to the stressed families of the Frozen Tundra?" or "Mr. McCain, do you think federal mandates requiring local municipalities to buy adequate salt to protect our citizens should be the forefront of legislation this term? Will you support conservative management of our limited salt supply? Or are you open to the environmental risk of opening new areas to salt mining? After all if we can save just one child." or "Mr. Obama, in light of the severity of global warming facing the Frozen Tundra, how can we melt the glaciers that have now formed on streets and parking lots? It's a quagmire, how do you intend to bring about change to the Frozen Tundra?"

I think I've been sun deprived for way too long...

1 comment:

park it said...

You are WAY overdue for some Florida Sunshine!!!