Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just Ducky...

Kate is really funny lately. She's taken an interest in all kinds of things and her commentary is pretty entertaining. Here are a few tidbits from the past few days.

*I made new window treatments for the kitchen and hung them up. Kate got up from her nap and noticed them.
K: You hang up new curtains Momma?
M: Yes
K: They look really good!

*Kate went to her Wednesday night church activity tonight and I went shopping. When she got home, Kate burst in the door...

K: Momma! I saw Jesus at church tonight!!!
M: Really? (note: I have been going to church since my childhood and still haven't seen him...maybe I should have gone tonight.)
K: Yes, I saw him.

moments pass...
K: Momma! I cried tonight.
M: Why, Kate? (booboo maybe?)
K: I saw Jesus...He scared me.
M: (maybe it's better that I did go to store with the big red target and the big-box hardware store)

*Kate has taken a real interest in the medical profession lately. She still talks about her trip to meet the ear/nose/throat doc over the corn up her nose and chats about her pediatrician frequently. While I was laying on the floor last night she said,

K: I'm a doctor now. I go get you a pillow. (she props my head up on a pillow)
K: I check your belly. Now lay on your tummy. I check your back. You have a boo boo on your back? I fix it. (she goes to get a shoe and rubs it over my lumbar spine.)
K: You all better now!

I don't know but, I think she's a quack.

1 comment:

park it said...

Love the new header!