Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Picking up Chicks...

Sam is a charmer. He can't help it...he has those big, blue eyes fringed with thick lashes. He appears to be a little Sam-centric, too. This became rather apparent on a recent trip to the mall.

Side note: Why take your kids to the mall you ask? Because we've had 78+ inches of snow this winter...there are glacier like paths of ice everywhere and we are sick of hibernating in our igloo.

So, while we were walking through the mall munching goldfish, Sam spotting a cute little 18 month old girl hugging her soft little stuffed toy. Sam stopped, tilted his head and batted his eyes at the little princess. He then put his hand on the little girl's toy and smiled with his toothy grin. His next move was to slide his hand onto the princess' little arm.

I looked sheepishly at the little princess' Mom and smiled.

I said, "uh, I wouldn't let him date your daughter."

She looked at me with a strange expression on her face.

"Well, he doesn't have an education and he's...ummm...unemployed. I mean he doesn't have a job...no income..." I explained.

She smiled, but clearly Sam heard me discouraging the relationship.

He then pulled up his shirt and showed off his tummy.

"Oh, yeah, he does have some abs of steel," I said.

We then continued munching goldfish and cruising the mall. Princess was cute and all, but I just don't think she had what it would take to care for my little boy.

2 comments:

park it said...

Lets strat with 78 inches of snow - Note happending - lets all say YUCK together...

Now about your little charmer - oh boy are you going to have to watch him in sunnt FL - the chicks are everywhere...
See you guys soon
Hugs
c & k

park it said...

Juts thinking about all that snow - confused my typing :-(