Friday, January 25, 2008

Too much information...

We have this wonderful Friday tradition. Grandma sits at our home after the kids are in bed and we head to Barnes & Noble for a little mocha, magazines and relaxation.

We were sitting side-by-side blissfully sipping our sweet java when Steve looked up and said slowly, "Just say no to crack."

"Huh?" I mumbled.

"No, just say no."

I looked up from the latest issue of some design magazine and I saw her. You've seen them...low cut jeans + short t-shirts = too much information. A fashion faux pas.

Mr. XY chromosome sitting next to me then muses, "Maybe she's taking plumbing classes. Do you think she knows?"

I said I didn't know, but it's a little cold not to notice a cool breeze on one's bum.

She tried to fix the crack problem, but to no avail. Remember, low cut jeans + short t-shirt = too much information. Pull on the shirt all you want, but if it's too short, it's too short.

Thankfully, she did come up with a solution. She took off her short winter coat and draped it over the back of her chair. phew.

I was back to perusing design magazines and I didn't have to hear anymore wise cracks from the other spousal unit.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, that's hysterical! My husband just shakes his head and rolls his eyes when he spots wardrobe malfunctions and I have to ask, "what? what???" until he clues me in. I usually end up sorry I asked! By the way, your photos are great and your kids are extremely photogenic!
We're planning on going to the CNY get-together at Spring Creek in a few weeks. Hope to see you there!

Laura Manville