Thursday, January 3, 2008

Stuck in the Igloo...

I awoke this morning at 5:45 a.m. and got ready to go to the gym. I often just go over in my shorts and skip the sweatpants in an effort to save time. So when I checked the thermometer I was pleased to see 32 degrees...at least I wouldn't freeze in my running shorts. Sadly, I realized the thermometer actually said 3.2 degrees--what a crushing blow to my morning outlook. (I still skipped the sweatpants, however.)

Unfortunately, my plans to take the kids to a local indoor playground blew up when Sam woke up with a little fever and just looked a little punky. (There is something about sharing viruses between kids in public places that really annoys me. I just picture viruses jumping gleefully from kid to kid as they spray respiratory droplets like an irrigation system.) Kate was a little sad about not going so I thought I break out the shaving cream. Kate was delighted and she was up to her elbows in foam within minutes.





Sam was also fascinated...until he tasted it.



After we got his tears dried, the shaving cream out of his mouth and the soapy taste washed away...he was happy again.




So, we had white, cold snow outside and fluffy, foamy shaving cream inside. I don't think spring will be here soon enough for us!

1 comment:

park it said...

ok - please tell me - WHAT is with the shaving cream - I have seen that on alot of posts...I ofcourse being a little anal (who me) really did not want my house covered with white shaving cream - mind you I have tile floors and a glass table - so do tell - what do they do with it - other than make a mess ??? I don't want to deny my daughter the journey into shaving cream (at least until time to shave her legs) -so if I need to make a purchase - and have the mop on standby - I will do it...

Hey did you hear it was in the 20's last night here - but next week back to the 80's -gotta love it-Stay warm!
Hugs fm us
c & k
ps have hotel info-will share soon(busy busy this weekend)