Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Letting Go...

I finally did it...I took my kids to the daycare provided by the gym, dropped them off, and went to spinning class. Sounds innocent enough, I know. For me this was monumental. For some reason, I haven't ever felt comfortable leaving them at the Kids' Club and going up to the gym. Never mind that it is fully staffed, clean and there is closed circuit monitoring so the Kids' Club is visible in the gym.

Steve's been on my bum about doing this for over a year (probably becau$e we pay extra for thi$ benefit) and since he has been at training, he hasn't been able to watch the kids for me. So, in order to cope with life, I packed them up and we took off this morning.

On my way into the gym I met up with a mom who had really encouraged me to take Kate & Sam. She broke into her great smile and gave me a big "high-5".

It only took a few minutes for Kate to settle in and she was thrilled to meet a new friend. ...then came a trip to the potty (she needs to check out every one she can). She beamed when she saw the flower shaped toilet seat on the little potty. (She visited said potty 4 times in the brief time she was there.) There's no way any of our home potties will ever measure up to that.

My spin class was brutal but great. Super-lean, marathon-runner chick was the instructor and she somehow motivated me into having a great time while the sweat poured off me. (The only drawback was seeing "Lance" again.) Who is Lance you ask? He is the "Lance Armstrong" of spinning and arrives resplendent in his bike jersey, 3 water bottles and Ironman Triathlon bag. His quads are made of steel, he has no body fat and he churns through the miles with ease. He pops up in my classes like a ghost. I left the class tired, but satisfied.

I discovered that Kate & Sam did just fine at Kids' Club. Sam was climbing around when I got there (imagine that) and Kate was running with about 10 kids in the gymnasium. So, a good time was had by all...Kate took one more trip to the flower potty and we all went home...

see you tomorrow Kids Club...

No comments: