Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What Not To Wear...

Runner Boy has had enough. Enough of my beloved flannel lounge pants. This started with a few comments last week about them...

"So, how long have you had those?" (Pointing to my flannel, toile-print, baggy friends.)

Me, "Ahhh, 5 or 6 years, but I love them...they're broken in."

"You know, they don't exactly fit you." (They are allegedly a "small" but they are enormous.)

Me, "Yeah, I know, but they're comfy...the same way a bowl of chili is after a day of downhill skiing. I know that one of the offensive lineman from the Packers could wear them, but they're MINE."

"If you were on the show, "*What Not to Wear*", I'd toss those things into the basket." (This is one of my fave TLC shows.)

Me, "Huh? It's not like I grocery shop in them...I'm just hanging out at the house...you would get rid of them?"

Now, Runner Boy almost never says anything negative about my clothes, so this vicious attack on these shapeless, pilled pants blew me away. I had no idea what would come next...until yesterday...
****

Runner Boy gave me a call at work while I was wrapping up my clinic leftovers...

"Your lounge pants are been confiscated..."

me, "What? gone? you took them?" (I pictured them laying at the bottom of the trash can...)

"Yeah, I felt so bad about givin' you a hard time about them that I bought some new ones for you--they're even your size. So, the other ones, are no longer available...but the new ones are cute."

me, "oh."

****

After I got home there was an adorable pair of lounge pants waiting for me...sure enough they fit!

Thanks, Runner Boy...

No comments: