Sunday, May 4, 2008

I done!

Kate has become increasingly aware of human physiology and bodily functions. This escalated to epic proportions this past week when her dear brother threw-up after breakfast.

I commented in passing that Sam threw-up after he coughed. She heard, "Sam ALWAYS throws up after he coughs..." Thus, she is paranoid that he will cough and blow chow while eating. Each time he coughs or sneezes, she looks alarmed, starts to cry and yells, "I done!"

Tonight she was reticent to even look at him during our meal...for fear of "the throw-ups." (Please keep in mind he did loose his breakfast only once the past week while he was getting over a virus.)

Taking a peek at the camera...without looking at Sam...



Awww, come on Sissy, look at me...I won't throw up...promise!



She studied her plate, the placemat, the floor, daddy's plate, the table, the cheerios on the floor left over from breakfast...



Sissy, please look at me! Sam tried sticking his fingers in his ears and making faces at her...does this kid look like he's about to throw up? I think not!



But to no avail...she was too worried that if she looked at him, he would puke.


So, brother made it through supper with only a burp of satisfaction, Kate avoided looking at him through the meal, and the parents are convinced this is just a preschool phobia.

No comments: