Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

We had a wonderful Mother's Day out our house. I am so grateful that I have the privilege to be a Momma...

grateful for:
little arms squeezing my neck and pressing a chubby cheek against mine...

hearing "thank you for supper Momma...you make good supper!" from Kate...

Saturday mornings at Chinese school with Kate learning language together...

2 little ones to take to the zoo and explore...

prayers together at night...

laughter and giggles as Kate & Sam play...

kissing boo-boos and making them "better"

peeking around the corner to find the kids "reading" books on the couch...

God that He gave us these to little souls to love...Thank you God.
*********


What to get Momma for Mother's Day...hmmm. She likes HGTV kinda stuff, so maybe a shop vac? ...can you imagine Runner Boy buying me a shop vac? He'd say something like, "Honey, I know you like to decorate, paint, and pretend you're "The Next Design Star", so I thought I'd get you something to clean up after yourself."

Nah...instead, I found 2 pairs of sparkling eyes...phew...no shop vac...


I did get a really cool gift, however. Daddy helped Kate and Sam make me a patio stone. I love to garden and am very sentimental, so it's wonderful. Kate loved putting her hand print into the concrete, but Sam let everyone in the neighborhood know that he was not too keen on the texture.


Then Kate helped to paint her work of art with Daddy. She was so excited!

The hands of Rembrandt and Picassso...


Thank you Steve, Kate and Sam for a wonderful day!

No comments: