Monday, May 5, 2008

Looking at ourselves...

As I mentioned in a previous post, Kate is a bit obsessed over bodily functions. She finally learned to go poo-poo on the potty months ago, but she doesn't like it. In fact, she hates poop. She hates it so much that after she finally gets around to pooping (when peristalsis can no longer be denied) she jumps up off the potty to distance herself from the dreaded "poopy".

It typically goes like this. No poop for a few days...Mommy gets suspicious. I know it has to come out sometime...there's just so much room in that belly. Kate becomes quiet and avoids going near the bathroom.

Mommy inquires, "Kate do you have to go poopy?"

Kate IMMEDIATELY responds, "No, no."

...sometime later in the day, Kate urgently announced, "I have to go POOPY!" We run up to the bathroom and tears begin to flow.

"I have to go...I'm going...I'm going. I have to go...I have to go....I done."

Mommy peers into potty...nothing there.

"Kate you need to go...you'll feel much better."

More tears flow, "I have to go!!! I going!"

poop plops...

Kate bounces off potty and puts a few feet between herself and the potty.

Mommy empties potty and Kate instantly stops crying, wipes her nose and says, "Bye-bye poopy...Momma, can I have my M&M's...I went poo-poo in da potty!"

The drama is amazing and makes me wonder what she'll be like it she ever has a baby.

On the other hand...it makes me wonder what areas in my life that I am like Kate. You know, things that I should do or need to do, but I put off because I don't like it. Then when it finally gets done, it's such a relief. Nothing like potentially seeing yourself in your preschooler...

1 comment:

park it said...

She is going to LOVE you later for tha post!!!