Tuesday, December 4, 2007

You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up...

Sam is recovering from his first case of the stomach flu, so he's being laying low over the past 24 hours. Kate, however, is in rare form. It started when I got home from work today and she put on the black down coat I had been wearing. She then announced to me that she was a "dorilla" (gorrilla). The next thing I knew she reappeared wearing the flamingo hat that she had just gotten from Aunt Regina. She's ready to tackle the 3-5 inches of snow we're expecting tonight.




After supper we headed upstairs to take a bath. Since she's really into dressing up, I turned around and found her wearing my sports bra like a really bad thong-style swimming suit. She was so proud.

We finished our bath, combed our hair and spend some time playing before going to bed. When we asked her to go up the stairs she exploded into tears with droplets shooting out of her eyes. It took awhile, but we got her calmed down enough to tell us what was wrong. She said, "I need Daddy to carry me." When we finally got her to tell us why she said, "Because my leg is broken!"

No comments: