Sunday, December 2, 2007

Weekend Plans...

One of my favorite speakers has a quote that often comes to my mind, "Expectations minus reality equals disappointment." Well that describes our weekend pretty well. I woke up Saturday morning looking forward to having a "girl's day" with Kate. We were going to Chinese class in the morning (which is great fun), followed by a trip to an alpaca farm and an afternoon spent building our gingerbread house. We were both so excited about the day.

Chinese class was a great time. We sang, learned more vocabulary (we're doing a unit on farm animals) and made craft project. Kate beamed with pride as she showed her brightly colored cow to her Daddy.

...Our day then began to unravel. It started with swirling snow and slippery road conditions. This brought an end to our trek out to the alpaca farm in the country. (Even with 4-wheel drive we were slipping around.) So, we headed home and Kate went down for her nap.

While she slept, I put the gingerbread house together and got ready for the Kodak moments. ...at least I could salvage part of the day by decorating our house with brightly colored candy.

...She got up from her nap and cuddled into my lap for a few minutes. (I love this part of being a Momma!.) She looked up at me with those wonderful brown eyes and threw up all over me...poor girl.

Disappointment.

We have rescheduled our gingerbread decorating for tomorrow.

Thankfully, she's doing much better and is back to her cheery self.

1 comment:

park it said...

I just read this - I am reading lalalala Hallmark moment - NOT - oh my poor dear - From the next post - looks like she is all better!!!