Sunday, September 9, 2007

How Do You Really Feel Sam?





For the past several months, I've been trying to figure out who Sam looks like and who he takes after. He has blue eyes...his Daddy's are brown and mine are green. He has blond hair...Daddy's is brown, Mama's is enhanced with blond. He's tall and thin for his age...I was a blimp at 13 months.

We have noticed that the shape of his eyes is the same as his Daddy's. I think that's fantastic, because I've always loved his Daddy's eyes. As for my contribution...it appears he got my personality. Poor thing. I mentioned this to my sister-in-law recently...about his personality being similar to mine. She responded by saying, "Oh, you mean that overly dramatic thing?" Yes, that. Sam is amazing, he can go from happy and playing to wailing in an instant. He'll fall back onto his bum, throw his head back, inhale half the oxygen in the room and let out a siren like scream. It's classic. If he did inherit this acting quality from me, it must be purely genetic, surely he's never observed such a scene.

The good news is we never have to wonder how Sam feels. Even if he can only say 3 words, we can determine his mood by the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide in the room, his body language and the look on his face. Even if he never sits in his playgroups and emotes with his friends, everyone will know exactly how he feels.

No comments: