Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving


It's hard to know where to start when it comes to giving thanks. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday that is full of tradition, yet it carries fewer obligations than Christmas. Sadly, giving thanks should occur on a daily basis in my life...not be limited to a 24 hour period when I reflect on my blessings.

And, I don't want Thanksgiving to be just a time when I give thanks to the general idea of gratitude. Instead, my thanks should be focused on the One who has gave His life for me and walked me through times of joy and deep, unspeakable pain.

Thus, I am thankful to God.

Because...
He has never let go of me...when I wanted to walk away from Him.

He has taken pain and developed depth.

He never wearies of persistence. In fact, He likes it.

He has given me more than I could have ever deserved or dreamed of.

For that...I am thankful.



I am thankful for Runner Boy...

...he loves me when I am tough to love.

...forgives me when I'm a jerk.

...encouraged me to run when I said "I want to do a marathon" and was there at the finish line when I did.

...believes in me more than I do.

...supports my passions.

...he's a great leader, planner and teacher.

...is the best Dad ever.

...and, people like him.

Then, there's this peanut...

I am so thankful that God brought her into our lives. There will never be another moment like the first time I held her in my arms. (Runner Boy let me hold her first.)

she's inquisitive, energetic, sensitive, coordinated and animated...

did I mention tenacious, dramatic and stubborn?

I am so thankful for the opportunity to call her my daughter...I cannot imagine all of the details that had to fall into place so that this little girl, from a rural part of China, could become our daughter.

Which leads me to this dude...

who knew that our 4 lb. 15 oz. boy would turn into this cutey?

I am so thankful to have carried him and experience the miracle of a newborn. I'm thankful for his smile, dimples and big blue eyes. I am thankful that he didn't inherit all of my personality...

I am thankful for his big hugs and tackles. He's all boy and it's great.

Thank you God. Thank you for your Grace...for giving us your Son, that we may get a glimpse of your Love.

No comments: