Saturday, November 22, 2008

change...

stuff.

we have alot of it. more than we thought. til we packed it up and loaded into a truck. it didn't all fit. got a second truck. put the rest in that one.

unloaded 1.3 trucks into new house. rethinking how much stuff we have.

last time we moved we didn't have this much stuff. didn't have 2 kids either.

not wanting our new house to be crammed with so much stuff. need to share, but don't want to let go of the memories attached to some of the stuff.

it was hard to leave our little house. many memories there...bringing home kate...bringing home sam...first words...first steps...tears, joy, pain and laughter. growing together, growing up and outgrowing our space. didn't really get a chance to say goodbye to our old house...time ran out.

closed on new house and got the keys. unlocked the front door to new memories, traditions and hope. cousins came to help settle...laughter heard all over the house.

kids eagerly explore rooms, closets and cabinets.

mom & dad are overwhelmed by stuff.

kids sleep soundly after playing.

parents sleep from sheer exhaustion.

change

2 comments:

park it said...

Welcome Home - I see the computer was one of the first items to unpack - thats my girl! Take pics of the unpacking - it is so much fun - really - I love to unpack boxes - sick -twisted - ok I like to pack them too! Wish I lived closer - could offer some help - but alas no frozen tundra for me!
Hugs
C & K

Lynne said...

Jen,
I never commented on the pics of the new house that you sent... it looks wonderful! You must be so excited to make new memories there. I am anxious for pictures of all of you inside the house, and yes, do post some unpacking pictures! I'm sure the kids are having fun with all the boxes. Love to all of you!