Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's Okay Mom...

Kate was quite the little encourager today. In between asking a multitude of questions (some with very obvious answers) she was quick to dole out a positive word and a little advice.

As Daddy was working on the drywall in the entry way, I heard the following:

"Be careful Dad...you don't wanna fall off da ladder. You could fall and go boom, and that would hurt."
**
Then Sam tried to balance on the arm of the sofa:

"Sam, you be careful...don't do dat!"
**
Sam then took the opportunity to whack me in the face with his favorite, big book...as I cradled my throbbing eye socket (hoping I didn't have a skull fracture) she came over and put her arm around me:

"It's okay Mom, you'll be alright."
Then she planted a big kiss on the side of my face.

Such a cutey pie.