Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Project Thankful Day 7

Growth
It started out as a dry sunflower seed.  Bird food.  A delicious snack after roasting.

Look at it now.  It's been growing since older daughter planted it and checked it's growth each day.

It survived being dropped and a dry spell or two.

Yesterday we transplanted it in a special place in the yard.  Both kids gave it a deep drink of cool water.

Growth is miraculous.   Whether in a plant or in my own life, it's amazing to see the changes.

Like oldest daughter, I often check my life day to day to see if there is positive growth.  Am I more loving, more confident, more patient, more creative, more, more, more?

Yet, if I read journals from years ago there have been many changes.

growth is slow

growth endures drought, winter, pruning and the warm sun

growth transforms a dried out snack into a glorious flower

No comments: