Friday, June 10, 2011

Project Thankful Day 6

Today I am thankful for this:

I am thankful for my "cleaning crew", but today it's about the car.

Actually, it's a little worn out, scratched and makes strange noises.

Its value goes beyond getting us from point A to B.

It is a reminder that I am not what I drive. (Although I do feel worn out and scratched.)

It's the first car we got when I finished school and got "The Job". I was so proud of it.

But, it's not me. It doesn't define me, my success or my value. Sometimes I find it hard to separate my material goods with measuring my value and level of success.

If only I had a new one...after all, I have a good job...don't I deserve it?

Or, is it better to remember there are people in the world with real needs...who are made in the image of God and live in deplorable conditions.

I am thankful I have a car. A new used one will come in the future, but in the meantime, I need to remember to be thankful for it.

And I am very thankful for my pit crew.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Great thoughts to ponder...