Monday, September 28, 2009

i'm big now.

now that she's 5, sometimes i let kate walk in the parking lot without holding my hand.

this makes me sad.

she's happy because it makes her feel like she's a "big girl" now.

but, it's a reminder that she's growing up. she still loves to cuddle and hang out, but i love her little hand tucked in mine.

*********

so she went for her 5 year old well child exam today.

she's now 34 pounds and 40 1/4 inches tall.

after 4 shots, she was a little sad and clung to me like a koala to a tree.

i held her tight and let her bury her little face in my arm.

*********

after a power nap we headed to gymnastics.

she bounced her way around the gym like a playground ball.

as i picked her up from class, her instructor said to me, "with her, you may invest enough money that you'll own half this gym. don't pressure her...let her have fun...but she's a natural."

on the way home kate says, "when can i go be with the big girls at the gym?"

i said, "if you keep going with gymnastics and you like it, you can be with the big girls someday."

the reply: "i like gymnastics and i want to get good."

...as long as i can still hold you little hand...and cuddle...and you let me hold me when you hurt...

No comments: