Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'll be your barista...

Kate loves to pretend play lately. Her latest is to play a Starbuck*s barista and get me my coffee. Yesterday's conversation went like this...

Kate: You wanna tall peppermint, mocha, caramel hot chocolate?

Me: Yes, I'd love that.

Kate: You wan cripped cream on your tall peppermint mocha caramel hot chocolate?

Me: Yes.

Kate: I need your money. Do you wan dat on 'da *Visa* side or 'da Starbuck*s side?

(side note: I have one of those credit cards that give you benefits to spend at Starbuck*s when you buy things on the card.)

(additional side note: Runner Boy is horrified she knows all about the card, how to use it and how to recite my whole morning coffee interaction.)

Me: Please put that on the Starbuck*s side.

Kate: You don't have any money on da Starbuck*s side, wanna use da credit card?

Me: Sure.

Kate: Okay, here's your coffee.

Oh, yeah, I tipped her...she's a cute little barista...

No comments: