Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Weekend Away...

To celebrate our wedding anniversary, Steve planned a wonderful weekend away for us this past weekend. He planned weeks in advance finding a lovely hotel and a fabulous place for dinner. This was the first time we had spent a night away from our kids since Kate joined our family in December of 2005 and it was such a treat!

So we left Saturday morning and the first surprise was lunch. We went to one of the top Chicago hot dog spots! Yup, you read correctly. Superdawg has been featured on the Food Network and it was such fun. We shared a Chicago dog, a thick malt and a few good laughs!



Next came the hotel. He had booked a room at the Hotel Sofitel in downtown Chicago with a lovely view of the city from the 24th floor. The thick down comforters and chocolate covered strawberries were wonderful!





We then walked and shopped and had a lovely time. Steve was very patient as I frantically jumped from store to store trying to cram in as much shopping as I could. He also patiently endured waiting for me to try on countless pairs of workout pants at Niketown...he didn't even flinch as he heard me say, "Do these make me look fat?" 1000 times.

Dinner was surprise number 3. I have been a fan of Chef Rick Bayless for years, so he took me to Frontera Grill for a feast. The food was excellent from appetizer to dessert. We got to see Rick Bayless and I was so touched that Steve remembered that I wanted to eat at his restaurant!

Our evening finished with a stroll along Michigan Avenue admiring the city lights...




It was a fantastic time away and I loved reconnecting with my husband. I am so blessed to have such a thoughtful husband and I appreciate him more than ever.

No comments: