Saturday, October 6, 2007

All Done Git Down...

When Kate is done with something or doesn't want to do something in the first place, she will frequently announce she that she is "all done, git down". Well, I am now "all done, git down" with my exam. I had trouble sleeping Wednesday night because my thoughts were racing...I was trying to remember treatment algorhythms, signs and symptoms, diseases, drug side effects, and methods for reading EKG strips, etc. I finally got up and ate graham crackers and watched some trauma show on Discovery Health Channel at 3:00 a.m. (Sadly, I didn't pick up any medical tibits from the show to use during the exam!)

Anyway, I ended up grinding my way through 5 hours of computer generated questions and when I walked out the door of the testing center I was so relieved that it was over. Just as I expected, tears of relief squeezed between my eyelids. Then it was off to the gym to burn off more of the stress, followed by a wonderful tall raspberry mocha from St. Arbucks :-)

I will try to stick by my resolution to avoid any medical reading for the next month unless it directly relates to my job. Other than that, you won't see me reading JAMA or the New England Journal of Medicine for a little while. I do love medicine, but it's a love-hate thing right now.

I am now soothing my synapses and numbing my neurons with a weekend of football.

No comments: