Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Armchair quarterback

Sam loves football. He loves running with the ball, setting up plays and tackling. Lately he's decided that it's fun to do after supper as a way to "wind down" the evening.

Tonight was no different.

After dinner he helped clear the table and took off to find his pigskin. He immediately begged Runner Boy to play.

"Play wit me Daddy! Play! I whan to go over da rules with you... You go dere and I'll stand here and run. 'Den you tackle me. I'm da Green Bay Packer man!!"

Runner Boy got down into his 3 point stance and proceeded to play.

Then Kate got involved and our plays got more elaborate. ...and more dangerous.

I was the center and hiked the ball to Kate...she took off running toward the kitchen like lightening.

Runner Boy and Sam were the defense and looked solid.

...until....

Kate ran head on into the Sam as he was tackling her.

There was an explosion of tears as the 2 players met on the turf.

The athletic trainers from both teams wiped up the tears and kissed the bruises.

The result:

Kate fumbled...

Sam wanted to return to play...

we'll put helmets on next time...

No comments: