Sunday, February 21, 2010

entitlement

Scene: morning. preparing for church. breakfast.

Runner Boy: "Sam, you need to get dressed and come to breakfast."

Sam: "I can't."

R.B.: "You need to take off your jammies and get dressed."

S: "I can't doooo it! I need Momma to help me!"

R.B.: "Fine. You just won't be eating breakfast."

S: "I can't doooo it...it's too much work to do it!" (as he runs around yelling and rolling on the floor clutching his jammies...)

After the agonizing defeat of having to get out of his jammies and into clothing without government help, an educational program and a grant to provide an aid to dress him, he showed up at the breakfast table.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Jen, you are really good at describing these scenes... I feel like I was there! Ha, ha! Thanks for the peek into your morning!